Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Can I still use the domain with SiteGround Yes but you must change

can i still use the domain with siteground yes but you must change

  • Decide on the domain you want to use
  • Go to www.sitehost.online and sign up for a hosting plan
  • While doing this:
    • Register your domain
    • Get WordPress preinstalled on your domain

Done it? Congratulations, you’ve taken the first big step and there’s no looking back!

In the remainder of this tutorial I’m going to take you through the creation of a WordPress website using my domain www.sarahmcharry.com as an example. I’ll start right at the beginning and you’ll watch the website unfold, lesson by lesson. If you work alongside me, you can build your own website (or blog) at the same pace.

Lesson 2 is for those who don’t have WordPress preinstalled on their domain. I’ll explain how to install WordPress with some of the common scripts that should let you do this with a few clicks of the mouse. If you’ve already got WordPress installed you can skip Lesson 2 and go on to Lesson 3.

___

FAQ

I already have a domain that I registered with another registrar. Can I still use the domain with SiteGround?

Yes, but you must change your domain’s Domain Name Servers (DNS) to indicate where your website will be hosted.

This is necessary so that the domain name system (which drives the Internet) can translate your domain name into a specific IP (Internet Protocol) address that identifies the server that hosts your website. I admit that that sounds a bit technical but it’s really quite simple.